Western is fully committed to the highest standards of health and safety across its operations. This encompasses all employees, subcontractors, customers and the general public.
Health and Safety Policy
Our Health and Safety Management System meets the standards of OHSAS 1800:2007 and is externally audited on a regular basis.
Our Health and Safety Policy outlines the following commitments:
- Provide adequate resources to maintain safety
- Carry out risk assessments on all projects.
- Provide and maintain systems of work, which are safe, and without risk to health.
- Establish arrangements for the use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances provided for use at work, which are safe and without risk to health.
- Provide employees and representatives with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to secure their safety and health at work and that of others who may be affected by their actions.
- Carry out health surveillances
- Ensure that all machinery, plant and equipment are maintained in a safe condition.
- Make adequate provision and arrangements for welfare facilities on all our sites
- Keep all places of work safe and ensure that access and egress are safe and without risk.
- Monitor safety performance to maintain agreed standards.