The works at Broombridge Educate Together NS, Co. Dublin were completed as part of the Design and Build School Framework 2016-2017.
Western Building Systems were contracted by the Department of Education and Skills to provide a new two storey 16 classroom school of at the Bannow Road site.
Also entailed in this project was the construction of a general purpose hall, library and ancillary accommodation including set down area, 24 car parking spaces, 2 senior ball courts and a junior ball court, along with all associated site works. This was a site restricted by a railway line to the rear and the Bannow Road in front.
As the Lead Design and Build Contractor on the project, Western Building Systems were contracted for the following:
• Demolition of all existing buildings and other miscellaneous structures on the site
• Construction of a new two storey (c.2358m2) 16 classroom primary school building
• All ancillary site development works including new boundary walls/railings, a new lay-by/set down area on Bannow Road, new vehicular and pedestrian entrances, staff/visitor car park
• Bicycle parking, 2 senior ball courts (with associated fencing), 1 junior hard play area,
• Landscaping works and signage
• Associated site services.